Serious injury

Adjusting to life after a severe accident can be challenging. We can't change what happened but we are here to support you every step of the way.


Get In touch

With over 25 years experience in dealing with personal injury claims we can truly say that we are experts in what we do.



Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Thank you for submitting your details.


A member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible.

Criminal Injury Claims Solicitors


Do you know that if someone assaulted you you can claim for compensation against the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme? The Criminal Injuries Scheme was set up by the government to compensate victims of violent crime.


Does this Scheme apply to me?


If you are the victim of a violent or sexual crime then this Scheme is for you. You may be able to claim for both physical and/or psychological injury. You can claim even if you knew or were related to the person who assaulted you. You can claim if you have a loved one who has died as a result of a violent crime.


How do I claim?


Very often victims of crime feel that they have nowhere to turn but we can help. We understand how the scheme works and what if any problems clients may have in making a claim. We help our clients to make the application and to appeal against a decision if we feel it is not right.


How much will it cost me?


Clients often worry that they cannot afford our fees to help them. We act for our clients under a Conditional Fee Agreement and limit our fee to 25% of the clients compensation. These agreements are often called No Win No Fee Agreements and mean that our clients do not have to worry about finding money for our fees.

We only get paid if you win and you know how much this will be


Am I out of time to claim under the Scheme?


There are time limits to make a claim. You should usually submit a claim within 2 years of the assault or your 18th birthday. It may be possible to make a claim after this time if you can show an exceptional reason why you did not make a claim within the 2 year period.


What if I was sexually assaulted?


You can claim against the scheme if you were the victim of sexual assault. This is often the difficult decision for you because it is so personal and distressing. Sexual assaults often fall into the category of over two years because the emotional trauma involved can be debilitating. We understand that you have faced a terrible situation and we are here to help you.


Are there any restrictions to claiming?


The assault must have happened in the United Kingdom. If you have reported the assault or the police have investigated you must have co operated with them. That does not mean that the person who assaulted you was charged with or convicted of the assault against you. Sometimes the identity of the person who assaulted you is not known or if it is the police decided not to prosecute.


A criminal record can affect your rights to make a claim. It does not mean that having a criminal record prevents you from being eligible to claim but we will need to discuss this with you. We will not judge you, we are only interested in helping you.


What do I need to do now?




contact the experts

P R Scully and Co Solicitors have a dedicated team of experts who deal with criminal injury claims on a daily basis so you can be sure that you are speaking to an expert right from the offset.


Contact Us

holiday sickness CLAIMS

If you have been ill during a package holiday during the last 3 years you may be entitled to claim compensation.

road traffic accidents

Have you been injured in an accident on the road? Click below for free advice from a qualified no win no fee solicitor.

Read More

cosmetic procedures

Have you suffered at the hands of an incompetent surgeon or beauty therapist? You may be entitled to claim compensation.

Find out more

accidents in the workplace

If you have been injured due to unsafe work practices you may be able to pursue a personal injury claim against your employer.

Read More



P R Scully & Co Solicitors

Cross House

Sutton Road

St Helens



Tel: 01744 755800

Fax: 01744 755885






P R Scully & Co Solicitors is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority


 SRA Registration Number: 304185